Sunday, January 2, 2011

Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot....

and never brought to mind? Should old acquaintance be forgot, and old lang syne?
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be done with 2010. I know that in the real world putting up a new calendar really doesn't change anything. In Krystle's World though, it makes a HUGE difference, and Krystle's World is where I'm hanging out on this one.

The boys and I had a low key New Years Eve. We stayed home, ate junk food, wrote resolutions, watched 'How to Train Your Dragon' for the 100th time, sang karaoke (on their new karaoke machine), used my fondue pot I've had two years for the first time, and toasted to a wonderful New Year with sparkling grape juice!!! We rocked it east coast style since 11:00 was plenty late for the boys, and here in the central time zone they just play the last hour of Dick over again anyway lol.

This was the first time the boys have written resolutions, and they were a hoot. It took some explaining on my part to get them to really understand, but we got there. After I finally convinced Nick that becoming a 50 foot giant maybe wasn't reasonable anyway ;-D I'm sure you are 'dying' to know what my two darlings chose *ahem*, so I will put you out of your misery.

Z:
Learn to paint
Learn to draw better
Learn to knit.... so he can make sails for his pirate ships. (Naturally, why else lol.)

N:
Learn about dinosaurs
Learn to read books with words in them :-)
Learn karate
Actually he said learn how to "hew HA uuuh" while punching his arms, then doing a nice kick. To which I said "oh you want to learn karate?" His reply? "That's what I just said Mommy."

My resolutions? Well I am still writing my game plan... with numbers and letters and everything! I will say my biggest one is using this year to go on a journey into my faith. The POTD also gets a mention ;)

Oh yeah the POTD ! I am really, really going to shoot 365 pictures this year. I am not silly enough to say that I will shoot everyday this year, or even more laughably, that I will post everyday this year, but I will do my best, and I WILL have 365 photos to show for it!!!!!

As you can see I didn't post yesterday, but I do have a picture. Sure it's a P&S snap of my boys, but it COUNTS ;-D


For today's I decided to do another dated POTD. I did one for 2008, but I haven't since. So here is my 2008 and my 2011. Plus a couple just for fun.





Yes I took some liberties with this last one. Turns out, I suck at dominos lol. In my defense I only have one box, and there are just not enough dominos to do ANYTHING in one box.


I think I will end with a super yummy (and simple) chocolate fondue recipe.

4 full size Hershey's bars (broken into pieces)
5 big marshmallows
1/8 cup milk
1/8 cup heavy whipping cream

Put fondue pot on warm (or around 150 degrees). Add chocolate bar pieces, and milk. Stir constantly until smooth. Add marshmallows, and stir until melted. Finally stir in cream slowly and enjoy.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like they have some fun goals. Cute shot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals and such a cute NYE shot of them! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Love all of these. Love that you made 2011 with dominos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kids' resolutions and their cross-holiday attire (do I detect a little St. Patrick going on?). Your New Years Eve outing sounded similar to ours - except mine are teens. No parties this year, which was fine with me. I rather like your first 2011 POTD shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have GOT to post those sails if your boy makes them, so cute!!! And I like your domino tiles 2011, even if you did take liberties with them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to make some sort of cover for my 365. Spelling 2011 out like you did is really cleaver. Maybe I'll try something like that!
    Laurie(laulley)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute shot of your boys. Love the dominos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those dominoes are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sons' resolutions!! Great ones! And love your 2011 dominos shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome goals/resolutions :) I like the domino idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kids' resolutions. And your domino shots are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I so hope you get some shots over the coming year of attempts at knitting pirate ship sails! I might even make that MY resolution (getting to SEE knitted pirate ship sails!)

    You have very creative children:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think 2008 was the last time I tried photo of the day also, or was it 2009?! can't remember! love the domino idea!
    tara

    ReplyDelete