Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Day Spent Waiting

...on the man in brown.

It is amazing to me how quickly a day usually passes. I drop the boys off at school, and not 10 minutes later(it seems), it's time to go pick them up. But not today. Oh no; today c-r-a-w-l-e-d by. Not even turtle slow, more like a slug.

Finally at 2:20 I could wait no longer; I had to leave and go get my boys. Which meant I had to cancel my meet-up to deliver 'the goods' at 3:15. When we arrived back home I expected to see a box sitting smugly on my top step. Laughing at me for my wasted day. There was no box. By 3:45 I was beginning to wonder if aliens do exist... and if they had abducted my man in brown!

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.... 4:00.... 4:35.... 4:57....

Wait; what's that sound? Could it be? Is it possible? Yes at last... MY MAN IN BROWN! Finally at 5:27pm(10am is his usual!) the big brown truck pulled up in my drive. Then out he came with my long awaited box! What you might ask was so amazing to completely steal my day away? 'This' storyboard of beautiful baby 'A'. I needed it to complete her Mommy's order, so that I could do my own impersonation of the man in brown ;D


Whew! Now that we have THAT out of the way... lol. Here is my POTD. The theme of the week is 'windows and doors'. In July I took a Girls Weekend to South Carolina, and had the opportunity to tour the USS Yorktown. This is a picture I happened to take of a...... well whatever the Navy calls a door ;) I processed it in B&W and grainy because I was inspired by the amazing pictures hanging onboard from the bygone era.


6 comments:

  1. Your writing skills just crack me up! I would never thought of this as a door, I like the "old" feel your processing gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "door" photo. I hate waiting for something to be delivered. Always makes the time go slow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shot...and nice storyboard of "Baby A!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun storyboard, and don't you just hate when the Man in brown is late...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful storyboard - your client will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that wonderful Man in Brown! I'm enjoying your writing!

    ReplyDelete